This page is a portfolio of my publicly available code projects. Many of them stem from my professional work that I have extracted or cleaned up for release (unfortunately some of my work cannot be publicly released), but also listed are projects that I volunteer with in overseeing, managing, or contributing to in the open-source world. While I link to GitHub on this page, many of the repositories can also be found on my self-hosted Git server.
These are mainly packages to assist in a variety of science applications.
With a future goal of academe, I look for ways to improve the process of learning and augment my teaching with useful tools.
Detecting vandalism in geospatial data is a much more difficult task than detecting it in, say, text. Numerous factors can come into play, whether it be profane language, doodles and other unrealistic drawings, or just poor data (either resulting from a bad/unauthorized import or mistakes). These packages represent a toolchain that has the ultimate goal of successfully tracking and detecting vandalism and poorly behaving users in OpenStreetMap.
I also like contributing to other projects, which is a good exercise in reading and understanding code. Only projects I am actively contributing to are listed.
- Humanitarian OpenStreetMap Team Tasking Manager 3, a tool for managing crowdsourced mapping projects. Its original use was for humanitarian purposes, like disaster relief and economic development, but the tool has been adopted by many other mapping project types.
- Humanitarian OpenStreetMap Team Tasking Manager 2, the previous version of Tasking Manager 3.
- Leaflet storymap, a simple slippy map featuring navigation through a set of story items.
- Carlsbad, NM Transit System maps and information, with GIS data extracted from OSM based on personal surveys and work with the transit agency.
- Departmental thesis template, an unofficial LaTeX template for theses and dissertations in my department that aims to meet typesetting requirements.
- Delta portfolio template, an unofficial LaTeX template for the University of Wisconsin–Madison's Delta Program graduate certificate portfolio.
- Brief analysis of Carlsbad, NM hotel prices, a study I performed of hotel prices in my hometown and the surrounding area that I never quite finished.
- HOT Tasking Manager 2 walkthrough, the result of a pull request I was working on that I never quite finished either.
- FTW Bot, an IRC-like bot for use in Discord.